Windows opened on their own

I've just been outside my house and I noticed that all four windows on my 2005 2.0 TDCi were fully open. They were fully shut when I last drove the car yesterday and they were shut when I walked past the car this morning.

I was working in my garage today on another car and I had the Focus key fob in my pocket. Is it conceivable that a series of accidental button presses on the fob has done this?

TIA,

Reply to
Paul Giverin

No, your car is possessed.

Reply to
news

Sounds more like an electrical problem, as all windows were affected at the one instance - most likely.

An auto-electrician is probably the best route forward, unless it never happens again.

Reply to
David R

this is quite feasable, if the vehicle has elec windows all round then chances are it has global opening/closing too. to try it out, hold down the 'open' button on the remote for about 5 secs and the car should unlock and drop all the windows. equally, holding the 'close' button will lock the car and close any open windows.

hth

Reply to
gandissy

In message , gandissy writes

I've just been reading the handbook only 30 minutes ago and discovered this feature. You only have to hold the open button for 3 seconds to activate the global opening. While I was grovelling under another car in the garage, I must have accidentally pressed the button.

Cheers,

Reply to
Paul Giverin

So they do, I just tried it on mine. Why? I can see the point of closing all the windows as you lock-up the car, but why would I need to open them from outside?

Also, I would like the boot to remain locked when I unlock the drivers door. Even in the mode where its one press to unlock the drivers door, and two presses to unlock the passanger doors, the boot unlocks with the drivers door.

Reply to
Graham

it's quite nice on a hot summers day to open up remotely and release the scorching air within...

Reply to
gandissy