Sticking mesh in...

My rear bumper is meant to have black mesh in the gaps. I've got some black mesh here, what do I use to stick it in with? No More Nails?

Ideas?

Cheers :)

Reply to
Iridium

PU seam sealer would be my choice, but I expect No nails will work fine. Or hot melt glue.

Reply to
Doki

Oooo hot glue gun, there's an idea. My mate has one of them and I love playing with it :D

Reply to
Iridium

Bit of glass and resin.

Reply to
Depresion

Blu-tack and duck tape.

Reply to
SteveH

The Alfa factory way? Hmmm - maybe ;-)

Reply to
Iridium

People in glass houses.

Reply to
SteveH

Made was made by the people that make (now) Volvo cabriolets :-p

Reply to
Iridium

You say that like it's a good thing.

Reply to
SteveH

Fibreglass, presumably?

Reply to
Clive George

The Swedes seem better at screwing things together than the Frogs or Wops - so it's a lesser evils thing hehe.

Reply to
Iridium

Don't bother if it is hot melt near the exhaust. It will just melt.

PU or Silicone sealer/adhesive would be better, although I have seen no more nails used (and recommended by a fitter) as exhaust joint compound in the past, so that should work.

Reply to
Elder

Usually, things screwed together are done by the Usakapunki Tractor Works.

The line that made the Skoda Rapid now makes Boxsters. They build renault/volvo joint products too. They used to produce Saab 900 convertibles there before GM sent everything euro saab to Russelheim and left Trollhatten as the heritage and design centre.

Reply to
Elder

Leave them out: they are useless because nothing is entering through those holes as you drive. Anyway: your engine is to feeble to pull the extra weight.

If you insist -and the only right way-: epoxy and glassfiber. That implies that your rear bumper must come off if a decent result is wanted.

Please be sure the black mesh is alu, stainless or decentely galvanised. In the last case be sure to glass everywhere you cut the mesh because it will rust and leave traces.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

S'more powerful than your Elise :-p I think the bumper looks unfinished with just 'some holes'.

It's the standard mesh that came with the bumper from Renault.

Reply to
Iridium

Bugger!

Now you mention it: "Eli" has a lot of mesh stuck to front and bottom. Gosh: without that she will not just fly, she take off a lot faster! ;-)

You are a genius, Dan: them clowns at Lotus were over target by some 15 kg! Must be all that ironwork around rear lights, engine cover, radiator, foglights!

Aha! Dead certain that it will rust. :-)

It is like them VW-badges. Thanks to (iirc) The Beasty Boys all idiots want a VW-sign around their neck. Instead of buying it, they just rip the logos from cars.

I searched for quite some time which lunatic sang or promoted the Opel- sign (circle with a lighting going through) but there were none. Thanks to some nitwit saving 0.01 Eur at Opel, the logos just fell off by themselves!

Before you mention it: the Elise-mesh does not rust, every f-ing fixing bolt however does.

As Lotus could not afford to install stainless bolts in the first place (the Elise would become too expensif and too heavy as stainless is heavier than steel) I had to carry the burden to replace them all (undertray, bodypanels, etc etc)

Sometimes the folks from Suffolk are incomprehensible.

Cheers Dan!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Almost certainly, but not for a few years heh ;-)

Reply to
Iridium

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Tom De Moor, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

That's possibly because they've got bugger all to do with Lotus, who're in Norfolk :-p

Reply to
Pete M

You're bloody right, you are!

I taught that the Lotus-yellowish-orange was called Suffolk Mustard Yellow.

Looked it up and -damned-: it turns out to be Norfolk Mustard Yellow. What kind of man calls a colour Mustard? It makes your eyes water!

So it looks like I own the Suffolk people an excuse.

OK then: if the Suffolk people -all of them- each give me 1 UKP, I will forget about it!

Mind you: I still believe that Suffolk people, like Norfolk people I grant you that, *might* be incomprehensible. I stress "might" because I very well know that Belgian people to some (very few, one or two in fact) may also look a little bit odd.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Tom De Moor, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Could be worse... although Mustard yellow is a bloody horrible colour, it's similar to the colour of mustard.

I used to go out with a Belgian. Could explain a lot about me.

Reply to
Pete M