subaru sti import prob

well my mech fitted the new thermostat and I got a new header tank cap!. but I went for a drive a few days later after I checked the coolant level, and it was still pushing the new coolant out of the expansion tank the one near the battery!. the coolant goes down in the header tank to the expansion tank but does Not go back to the engine or header tank! what is going on??.. .

should I put a old thermostat in with the stat part open so coolant flows around the engine ect.. . and block the expansion tank over flow pipe on the top off??.. .

is it a good idea to to do this??? .. .

help please......... .

Reply to
Subaru Sti v4

Be careful with imports most parts are very differerent......

Reply to
Theo

Headgasket.

Replace it, and be prepared for a BIG bill :D

Reply to
Nom