That should cheer a few people up.

SAAB is to be sold to Koeniseggeggegggggggg.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Fantastic. Maybe they might start regress a little and start making something a bit more weird and wonderful than the current range ..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

We can hope. The weasel words seem to be that GM will continue to supply parts for a long time into the future. I hope that Koenigsegg make that time as short as possible and we see an end to the Vectra/Impreza SAABs ASAP. And I really hope they don't start a platform sharing agreement with Fiat again.

It would be nice to see some carbon fibery weight reducing technology, something that would let the cars meet the elk test but not put on the Kgs as a result.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Weird. Not a company I'd have thought of as having the resources to turn round a mass maker. Could end up like the BMW/Rover fiasco.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It could if Koenigsegg do what BMW did, run away passing the company to a bunch of crooks.

Reply to
Steve Firth

GM have hardly done a good job over the last 10-15 years. I doubt this lot could do worse. At least they've not been ruined by Fiat (It's got a Saab cylinder head, it's a Saab, it's a Saab) or dropped in a vat of soft touch rubber by VW.

I like the Saab 9-5, always have. Not too fond of the Dame Edna ones, but they're an excellent motorway cruiser. I doubt Koe--egg will be out to make them sloppy and vague like a Vectra or Passat. I suspect they'll want to make the cars better to drive so they'll wisely head towards Mondeo dynamics instead. They're professionals, so they'll probably do that. I'd be interested in a Koen--egg Saab.

Good luck to 'em.

Reply to
Pete M
+AD4- In article +ADw-1j1egby.iofb6i1jkal2+AD4APg- SAAB is to be sold to Koeniseggeggegggggggg. +AD4- +AD4- Weird. Not a company I'd have thought of as having the resources to turn +AD4- round a mass maker. Could end up like the BMW/Rover fiasco.

The Swedish government just want a Swedish owner they can lend a few billions to, they couldn't (obviously) lend to a foreign company to keep a Swedish company afloat.

That's wot I reckon anyroad :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

I doubt we'll ever know the full story. My take is BMW simply didn't realise the magnitude of the task. They made a very good start with the 75 and I oft wonder how they'd have got on with some serious government money to sort out the rest?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

+ADw-1j1egby.iofb6i1jkal2> +AD4APg- SAAB is to be sold to Koeniseggeggegggggggg.

Wot sort of mickey mouse newsreader are you using? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Windows Mail apparently yet strangely mine didn't do that.

Reply to
Conor

So they'll make them uncommunicative and with a rubbery and detached steering feel. They should make them more like a Prius.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Indeed they did - the Rover 75 was the best car to ever hold the name "75" and the best all round front drive car of its time, sportier versions handled better than any other contemporary 4 dr front driver.

(waits)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

For some values of "good". It's interesting that both Ford and BMW took over British car companies at close to the same time and produced their take on what a "British" car is, missing the point by a mile and producing in each case a pastiche.

Of the S-type and the 75 I'd take the S-type. At least it had a proper engine and RWD.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I checked out both before buying the E39 BMW I still have. For some 10 years now - a long time for my 'main' car. It's a 2.8 auto bought secondhand at two years old and fully loaded. My budget could have stretched to a new 75 and obviously to a similar S-Type.

The 75 (2.5 petrol auto) had the refinement and driving pleasure I wanted

- but not the performance. The 3 litre S-type neither. Of course they improved it considerably later. But BMW got the E39 just right from the start. Jaguar didn't with the S-Type.

To me, the 75 had the best interior of the lot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, you see what you've done is introduced another car there, since I pointed out that the S-type was better than the 75 but didn't mention any BMW. Also the 3.0 S-type was crap, the only engine to get was the V8. I'm not saying it's the best car in the world, far from it. I hate it. I just hate it less than I hate the 75.

The BMW IMO is one of the worst interiors that I have ever experienced. BMW really don't understand how to trim a car. And the car itself is over-hyped, it's less good than its proponents consider it to be, especially in four-pot form.

Faux everything.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Old news. Should be confirmed done and dusted tomorrow if we are lucky.

Reply to
Elder

There business partner in this is a Norwegian investor and racing power boat designer who may have had some input into the lines of current Kseggs.

He just happens to be both a designer, a quirky Saab nut, loaded and savvy enough to work out he might get some of the parts supply work to boost the Norwegian workforce.

Reply to
Elder

The terms K-SAAB and Koenigesaab are being bandied arround the various Saab forums.

Reply to
Elder

I think he may have a custom reply marker.

Reply to
Elder

You never mentioned it before.

Reply to