This week so far...

Hmmm... I can't say. As Tim will confirm I wasn't being heavy footed in the slightest. I only saw the MPG below 40 in the city. ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

I refuse to beleive you didn't have *any* flat out runs?

Reply to
DanB

Sorry... I didn't. Ask Tim how... economically tuned... the transmission was. And how the trip computer was showing >43 every picture... *shrugs*.

Thing is, like, it's not my car, so I'd stuff it.

I did get the back end out by arsing around over a roundabout, but that was in the streaming down rain at waaay less than full power!

Reply to
DervMan

Buuuut I can confirm that the E270, five up, has stronger acceleration than my 9-3 five up.

Reply to
DervMan

Hehe I wasn't meaning like, flat out cross country blasts. Just like, say coming down a sliproad onto the A64 or something, you didn't let it straighten up, and ram your foot deep into the carpet, just to see how well it went?

Ah so the foot did reach the floor :-) Why did you swap anyway? Just for kicks? What kind've economy did Tim get in the Saab?

Tim? Did you like the Saab? Actually, it's only implied I guess... Did you even borrow the Saab or did you just go on holiday and leave him the keys or something?

Reply to
DanB

Kind of, I didn't take yours...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Mine's auto also, and his is manual. Accelleration is similar until you get to the point where you need the power then mine's quicker.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Thing is, it was comprehensively insured and if you died in the fireball you'd have had no consequenses to look at afterwards.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I was working up in Jockland with a guy from Leeds, so we met in york and dumped my car on the Derv. So I spent two days not driving, in a 320d.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Dunno as I was in the 9-3 when we did that... :o)

Reply to
DervMan

Aie. But like the electronic aids were in no way shape or form going to be disabled! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Well you took something on the shortlist of potential replacements...

At least in shape. It would have more cylinders, though.

Reply to
DervMan

Sorry to have missed you.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

A black, sooty fireball....

Reply to
Chris Bartram

How's the new job?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It'll be more fun when I am allowed to drive, but so far it seems like it'll be interesting enough.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It takes a lot of hear to make diesel burn in a fireball... ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

Indeed. But think of the smoke if you /did/ get it to go.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Hmmmmm......

Reply to