Type R Turbo

Almost tempted to bid...

Me

Bet that doesn't half go some. I'm sure I've seen that before - or am I thinking of a supercharged one...

Reply to
DanTXD

That's the second time it's been listed, got to £13k last time without reaching the reserve.

Reply to
Homer

It's very hard to take any auction which opens with this line seriously;

"WELL MODDED CIVIC I HAVE SPENT 30 K ON THIS CAR STARTIN WITH WINDOW TINTS"

Reply to
Lordy.UK

And "Dem badboys" ain't legal no matter what the tosspot says.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I'm particularly interested in the "fuel strength" gauge though :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Indeed it should. But 75% is a tad on the unrealistic side :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

This is an example of a car...

...best left as standard.

Maybe it's me. Must be quick though. Only the most powerful of cars have two Magic Trees.

Reply to
DervMan

Ah, so that's where the rest of the thirty grand went !

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Sounds reasonable for a high revving engine like that. A GT28RS "Disco Potato" is capable of moving enough CFM of air for 350bhp. Saying it's got

9psi of boost is meaningless unless you know how much CFM or air the cylinder head can flow and at what revs, a 7800rpm VTEC engine should flow a lot of air which will result in less boost being left behind in the inlet manifold. For example my 1.8 8V G60 engine produced around 190bhp with 15psi of boost in the inlet manifold, my new 1.8 20V Turbo engine produces 230bhp with only 10psi of boost in the inlet manifold and that's at around 6000rpm with the OEM turbo. A more efficient turbo and revving it to 7000rpm+ would easily see 350bhp.
Reply to
Homer

It does, if you're a Max Power reading moron.

Is irrelevant, because we're not talking about your 1.8 G60 engine.

Is also irrelevant because we're not talking about your 1.8 20V engine=20 either.

"Bollocks".

We're not talking about a more efficient turbo - it's only running a T28=20 ffs, by 7000rpm it's going to be struggling.

I'm not insinuating that it's not possible, as 350bhp *is* possible from=20 a two litre four pot, especially if a genuine thirty thousand pound has=20 been spent on the car.=20

What I am insinuating is that, in this instance, the owner is a moron=20 and is estimating his cars ability from what he reads in performance=20 mags featuring articles by similar like minded morons. This is evident from A) the state of the auction and B) the fact that,=20 despite some wild claim of having spent =A330k, the best he has to say=20 about his car is that it has "WINDOW TINTZ", big rims and a big exhaust.

If the owner deigns to post some serious information, then we will be=20 able to judge it on that, but until he does he will have to be judged on=20 what is available.

HTH

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Has anyone else wondered about the wisdom of 350bhp through the front wheels?! Nick

Reply to
NickD

Well it does have the Quaife LSD - but still - 350bhp through the front wheels would be somewhat interesting - especially in the wet with those 'phat' tyres...

Reply to
DanTXD

An aquaintence here spent Aus$60k on a motor for his mitsibishi mirage that put 500hp through the front wheels. My mate went for a drive in it and he said when you flattened the throttle the torque steer would make it change lanes instantly. Seriously scary car.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

DervMan

Or Taxi drivers who accept "Favours from slappers" instead of payment on a Saturday night.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

9k isn't too bad. a Maptun stage 6+ might be some tidy ones here.
NeedforSwede2

I don't dislike the 9000, but they're driven at the wrong end... :)

Reply to
DervMan

They tend to do alright for driven at the wrong end. Have a look at

is trying to get as much onto google video as he can.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

It does, if you're a Max Power reading moron.

Haven't read Max Power since VBH wrote for it. Have built and nstalled some turbocharged engines though.

Is irrelevant, because we're not talking about your 1.8 G60 engine.

Is also irrelevant because we're not talking about your 1.8 20V engine either.

Come on, you're not that big an idiot, they were provided as examples of a engine that can flow a lot of air will show a lower amount "boost" than a lower flowing engine but still produce more power. Obviously you snipped those parts.

"Bollocks".

We're not talking about a more efficient turbo - it's only running a T28 ffs, by 7000rpm it's going to be struggling.

As you're reply was specifically refering to a quote on a VW 1.8T it's you that's talking out or your arse, a GT28RS on a 1.8T VW can easily produce

350bhp. There's no reason why it wouldn't do the same on a 2.0L VTEC and have an even lower "boost" measurement.

I'm not insinuating that it's not possible, as 350bhp *is* possible from a two litre four pot, especially if a genuine thirty thousand pound has been spent on the car.

What I am insinuating is that, in this instance, the owner is a moron and is estimating his cars ability from what he reads in performance mags featuring articles by similar like minded morons.

And what makes you think you know better? How many turbocharged engines have you built? How much CFM air does his cylinder head flow? What's the exact spec of his turbo and what's it's efficiency? What's the volumetric efficiency of the engine?

Reply to
Homer