Updated photos of the 156

Just in case anyone feels the temptation.

Gave it a good wash, polish and cleaned the interior today.

Quick rundown of the details:

1999V Black Green velour and wood interior Lusso, so 15" wheels and 'comfort' suspension FSH, including cambelt change spring 2008, around 5k miles ago MOT and minor service to be done next week Tax due end February - price negotiable to reflect this 132k miles

Despite reputations, the car has never broken down and left either of us stranded anywhere, and the only unscheduled maintenance has been as follows:

Aircon pipe 2 years ago and regas. Lambda probe. Catalytic converter.

Back box is slightly blowing at the moment, but I have a good condition used box in the garage ready to be put on as part of the service and MOT.

That's about all I can think of.

Was thinking of £1050 with 6 months tax at 'mates rates'.....

Pics here:

SteveH

Is the wood effect centre console standard? The wood bits just look a bit out of place.

Reply to
Conor

Yes, that's standard.

Basic models were silver plastic, Veloce / Sportpack fake carbon fibre and Lusso got a rosewood steering wheel and wood veneer centre console. (It's a proper wood veneer, not plastic)

Reply to
SteveH

I was thinking exactly the same. In fact not a big fan of that interior at all. And you need a new K :)

Still, seems like a fair amount of car for the money - good luck!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hmm.. I think some wood inlay on the doors to break up the grey a bit more would be an idea. It just looks odd as it is but maybe thats me.

Reply to
Conor

Probably not helped by the late model head unit I put in.

The original head units were a standard, but Alfa badged Blaupunkt, in black.

That's the CD unit out of my Sportwagon, which has a silver centre console.

Reply to
SteveH

I actually rather like that, despite the slightly odd interior.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Yea I agree with that, it's like they've only done the centre then run out of wood, as normally those trim bits are like, complimentary to the door cards. It doesn't look awful or anything, and the seats are probably a lot less green in real life I'd imagine? More grey? Must say, personally I'd rather have the silver or carbon interior, but that's just me :-) I assume it's painted plastic on the ones with the silver trim inserts? That wouldn't bother me, I mean real Ali would be better but there's no reason to touch them anyway heh.

Reply to
DanB

As I posted. Base spec. cars come with a dark silver / grey painted centre console - but I've stuck a new head unit in there from a car with the new, light silver console....

It looks fine from the steering wheel - it's a throwback to 1960s Alfas, really, when the gearstick emerged from halfway up the centre console, which was a slab of wood.

This shows the closest I can get to the real life green with a camera:

SteveH

Green corduroy seats, classy ;-)

Reply to
Homer

I used to have a Fiat Uno with *beige* corduroy seats... even better. :-D

Reply to
JackH