just wondering, out of the regs who has.....

out of the regs who has the slowest motor on here? anyone got anything slower than derv's KA? both top speed and 0-60mph. what about fastest on top speed and 060mph? mine must be quite high but doubt it's the fastest.

0-60mph in 6secs or abouts and top end is 155-160mph.
Reply to
Vamp

I have a type 2 camper that hasn't turned a wheel in over 2 years (even then it was being towed). That said when they are running they aren't quick.

Reply to
Depresion

Only in your wettest, most sordid dreams.

Reply to
LordyUK

I'm not a reg but it can't hurt to join in, can it? Anyway you can all laugh at my bog standard Nova GSi if you want. Got a wide(r) ratio gearbox than the norm as the old one blew up under previous ownership.

0-60mph 8.5 seconds roughly and top end (reported by Astra GTE digi dash) 116mph. Have my doubts about the top end though, more like 109mph I'd say. Although the guy in the Granada looked shocked when I overtook him at that speed on the M11!
Reply to
Snapper

no mate it will! just i aint dared :)

Reply to
Vamp

haha nice, i'd laugh my ass off if i saw a Nova going at that kinda speed.

Reply to
Vamp

Tbh I didnt buy my car for speed, but I will race you round a wet track :)

Reply to
Ronny

ok but only if it has no high kerbs :)

Reply to
Vamp

0-60mph in about 4.5secs. Standing quarter in 13.7secs, could be better with improved gearing as that's starting in 2nd gear and crossing the line in 4th. No idea of top speed, don't really care TBH.
Reply to
Homer

fastest nova in the uk was clocked at bruntingthorped at 172mph

C20LET and a 6 speed F28

although there is a 616bhp nova somewhere in Deepest bavaria, although i somehow doubt the sanity of anyone putting 616bhp in A a nova or B a front wheel drive car,

Reply to
Rob

and the car? :)

Reply to
Vamp

Is it a FWD car or have they changed that as well maybe 2 engines and 4wd?

Reply to
Depresion

Well, when the Golf was running, I reckon it was a contender for the slowest car here. 1.5 slushomatic with a massive 54bhp..... that's got to be slow!

Reply to
SteveH

I've got a Honda MT5. The moped afficionados amongst you will have noticed by this point that it in fact is not a car. However it is slower to accelerate than a Ka, and, only being capable of around 30mph, it isn't going to do very well in a 0-60mph race.

My current car apparently does 0-60 in 8.5 seconds and around 120mph.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

But it's probably peppy right off the line..? :)

Reply to
DervMan

You're looking at the wrong numbers. The small ones show mph. :)

Reply to
DervMan

No mate, it won't.

Wasn't one of the revisions limited to 130mph as well... ?

Reply to
LordyUK

And you can both follow me, if you can hang on, on the corners ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

NOPE! 130-140 is what the NA could manage, jap models were limited to

112-120mph but mines de-restricted and WILL do 150-160mph!
Reply to
Vamp

with all 3 of us running on slicks :)

Reply to