Valuation - Tickford Metro Turbo?

As per the subject line - what do immaculate ones of these fetch?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Approxiamately f*ck all, sometimes less.

Reply to
LordyUK

Thanks. I'll pass that gem on to my mate - I'm sure he'll be delighted.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

One of these?

SteveH

HAHAHAAA

Reply to
Chet

I think so, but it's a turbo version - proper standard thing - apparently they made a n/a Tickford Metro and a turbo one as well. It's certainly that shape Metro.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I think it's a kind of beige colour, but not entirely sure.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And then i see the stereo! HAAHAAHAAAA!!

Reply to
Chet

What colour is it? My Dad used to own a red non tickford turbo, although he sold it years before i could drive.

Cheers

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kent

haha the metro is funny enough but the fact they tried to sport it up a bit with lips and sideskirts is just silly. bet it's fast as f*ck though, normal GTi ones are! i still wouldn't be seen dead in it mind!

Reply to
Vamp

If it's complete with that mad interior, beige, and turbocharged - and in working order - I know a sick, 80s obsessed bastard who might be interested in it.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Cool - put the feelers in and see what sort of money he'd pay for it, would ya? ;-)

I don't know much about it, but my mate's planning to restore it *properly*, so it'll be like it rolled out of the showroom once he's finished with it.

Also, he wouldn't fancy a nice E32 730i would he? 4 months' MOT, 8 months' tax, £500?

(Near-mint black leather interior, dent and scratch free exterior, fully working electrics, bar a slightly dodgy LKM and a Kenwood Mask in need of a new ribbon cable, again an easy fix, around £20).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ah, probably out of his range, then. Any more than a grand, and the world of wierd-ass 80s bangers is wide open ;)

He's got a hell of a lot of cars as it is, and 4 door saloons are way down the list of desireable ones - keep pushing and you might get offered a guitar synth for it though. If there were less cars around...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

You never know, my mate might take an offer as it is..

I quite fancy buying a cheapish acoustic just to piss about on, but wouldn't consider anything £500 worth, and synths aren't really my bag (well, bar the Roland VK77, hammond clone jobbie).

eBay it'll be then, once I pull my finger out....

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

How much restoration does it need?

Heh, you like Hammonds, you'd love the GR300. Analogue poly synth with a strat-clone controller. Very Pat Metheney (in fact, even "Let Joy and Innocence Prevail", from the soundtrack of Toys around 1992ish IIRC, features this 1980 classic).

Never know, you might get more than £500 there anyway! It's not like it's a bad price, I just have too many cars and no-one seems to want my Sera, Supra or Subaru. The Volvo I'm going to give away when the tax runs out I reckon.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I have known 2 people with Tickfords both rolled them.

Reply to
Depresion

No probs, I aim to please :)

Reply to
LordyUK

A 1980's Metro, in beige ?

Will wonders never cease :)

Reply to
LordyUK

My very first car was an MG Metro, it was OK when it started, I actually had

100mph out of it too - From what I remember the Turbos were very unreliable and you very rarely see them now as most of them disintegrated long ago.

A good example today should fetch about £0.50, a badly treated one slightly less I believe about £0.17.

To digress slightly, anyone know the 0 to 60 times of :-

MG Metro MG Metro Turbo Fiesta RS Turbo ("H" Plate not sure if 1.6 or 1.8)

Reply to
Me

This isn't an MG Metro Turbo, this is the pretty rare Tickford one. And I don't know the 0-60 times of those, but none are *that* quick. My mate had an MG Metro once - absolutely *horrible* seating position.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan