veg oil in hdi engine?

Hello,
With diesel hitting 120ppl, I'm wondering about veg oil and biodiesel. from what I have read, they are best suited to old diesel cars,
preferably without turbos. The advice seemed to be that they should not be used in hdi engines but that advice may be a out of date. Now that time has passed and more experience has been gained, has anyone successfully used either in a hdi without damaging anything? I'm wondering whether biodiesel would be ok because it is similar to diesel, whereas I am guessing veg oil is probably best avoided due to its viscosity?
What about blending fuels? Could I use 70% fossil diesel with 30% veg oil without problems?
Thanks, Stephen.
PS Sorry to x-post, wasn't sure which group was most appropriate for this question. I have a citroen c3
Stephen wrote:

Citroen state that the HDI engines can run on B30 which is a 30 % mix of bio and fosil fuel , you will need to change your fuel filters on a more regular basis though , the filter needs to be suitable for biofuel some of the cheaper ones are not .
The cost of changing your fuel filter and possibly oil (some places recomend you change your oil and oil filter) on a more regular basis may make the use uneconomic .
If you use veg oil then your likely to void your warranty
On 14/11/2010 10:57, Stephen wrote:

My 02 Mondeo's book says don't. But no explanation.
Rob Graham

These guys offer a lot of advice. YMMV, IANAL etc.
http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/vegetable.asp
-- DAS