Well, change arround time.

Also, most factory fit alloy options are exactly the same size as the steels they're replacing these days.

On the other hand, if you do specify a bigger alloy, you pay for it in tyre costs.

Some cars just don't look right on steels (the 156, for example), whereas others (the Passat) look OK on either. There's even cars out there that look much better on steels (MkII Golf GTI).

Reply to
SteveH

Yup; usually. Honda give the Accord 6J 15" steels and 6.5J 15" alloys, same tyres on both rims.

Generally, but _sometimes_ tyres can cost less.

If a little small for the ordinary models.

Reply to
DervMan

Oh yeah, it is just an image not performance thing.

For every up there is a down. impractical with kerbing etc, but I do like the "chrome wide alloy with stretched skinny as possible tyre" look. Looks "Classy"

you if you know what I mean.>Some cars just don't look right on steels (the 156, for example),>whereas others (the Passat) look OK on either. There's even cars out>there that look much better on steels (MkII Golf GTI).>

That is a retro look that is starting to work, especially with slightly wider than normal steels.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

You can *just about* get away with that on a late Passat.

On an Octavia they'd look s**te.

Reply to
SteveH