what can I buy?

That's once more than they got money out of me, they were useless when I phoned them then never rang back, after doing that to me twice I never gave them a 3rd chance.

Reply to
Depresion

Count yourself lucky.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I already get loads of detonation. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

The nitrous one allways wins if both have the same peak power. Because the nitrous one has almost as much regardless of revs.

Err track days... they do. I know a good few in both cars and bikes. Mostly with pretty mild boosts of say 20 to 50 bhp or with more and a nitrous controller wot + rpm dependent. Just feels like a bigger motor.

100 boost at 5000 rpm 80 at 4 60 at 3 40 at 2k revs etc.

Or better still with a turbo. Even a huge T4 / 5 has no lag if wot brings the nitrous on, and a pressure switch in the intake turns it off again... Hardly uses any gas.

Reply to
Burgerman

They never are... They never are. But sooner or later the bug bites! I used to be sane.

Reply to
Burgerman

Nah, I think I was gone by then, doesn't ring any bells...

Mine was the one with the furry dice and the interpretation chart:

"If they're touching the roof, turn me over" "If they're touching the screen, the brakes have started working"

That sort of thing...

Reply to
PCPaul

I once did a speed chart for the Land Rover (SIII) based on observation of the vehicle. A bit like the Beaufort Scale. It was intended for use when the speedometer wasn't working, which was often.

Something like

"Cover on bonnet mounted spare wheel flips up dumping water on windscreen" 30mph.

"Wing mirror vibrates so fast that there's no rear vision" 40mph.

"Liver bangs against rib cage" 56mph.

Reply to
Steve Firth