Woo.

11 miles. 9 minutes. Not bad for an oil burning estate.
Reply to
Doki

Are we to assume that this was on some windy non-motorway type raod where 73mph average is pretty good going? If so, then yes, that's pretty good going!

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Perhaps he had the wind behind him on this windy road?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Aye. It included a couple of 30 limit sections that I actually did 30 through too.

Reply to
Doki

Reminds me of the day I bought my A6 - bought it from a bloke in Lowdham (just off the A46 - vaguely between Nottingham and Newark), with my mate driving (3rd party on his insurance) as my insurance company just decided to put me on hold for an impossibly long time to the point that we gave up, so to abide with the law I drove my Carlton. Went up to somewhere northern to meet up with Tim and Dervy, and headed home after that.

Thankfully, we found a very very long stretch of private road (along a similar route to the M1, unbelievably) that allowed us to do 3 figure speeds (according to the speedos, which overread by about 50mph or so, officer) for a large portion of the way home. I lost my mate Paul (who was driving the Audi) for ages, and only after doing 115-120 for bloody ages did I eventually catch up with him - he'd slowed down to give me a chance by then. When we got back I asked him how fast he was going - "oh - 125-130 most of the way - it pulls brilliantly, that thing".

The average from filling up near where I bought it, up north a bit, and then the trek home? 38.7mpg. Not bad at all, I thought.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

*choking coughs* oh the soot, the soot!

Tim..