What to buy?

2-pot versions? You're strange!
Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ooops, how did that happen?

5-pot, obviously.
Reply to
SteveH

I've thought about one of these - so it's a distinct possibility.

However - I've got bad memories of a 1983 Fiat Uno. Five weeks after crashing the front end into a tree whilst reversing I sent it sideways round a bend at 90, lost a wheel and wrecked it. The fun of driving your mum's car at 17.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've owned an S40 - nothing major went wrong, reliable quiet and safe. Plenty of choice so keep looking for the spec you want.

Better than you'd expect - if you want an estate then you're unlikely to drive like a loon as you're carrying stuff / dogs / pax, so with the right engine they're good cars.

what reliability? I was talking about an Alfa.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

They made a 2 cylinder marea?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Do keep up at the back there!

Or, in UKRM terms:

"Ginge!"

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I have the feeling that "17", "90", "Bend" contributed to the accident...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Volvo T5

Reply to
Homer

Who says? Just because I drive an estate and have to ship things like beds and double wardrobes everywhere doesn't mean it doesn't get chucked about a bit.

Mind you, last year I spun the Merc estate in Leeds on a roundabout (the previous day someone had ended up in the wall opposite) and ended up facing someone coming towards me on the dual-carriageway. They looked a bit worried.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Engine problems... ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Lol - I did that in an omega - exited roundabout backwards....

But remember, rear drive is better....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Which roundabout?

Reply to
DanTXD

Something to do with cams - I think RichardK posted it.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Can help thinking that a Fiat 126 engine in a larger car might be a tad underpowered hance why so cheap.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Save money, get this

Or this..

DanTXD

LPG Range Rover... (with underfloor tanks if you need a boot)

Reply to
Pete M

Only after a dodgy cambelt replacement...

Reply to
Pete M

I drove a 2 pot Fiat Strada once. 602cc of throbbing s**te.

Reply to
Pete M

Actually, I'm almost tempted to go back to Land Rover having seen several LPG converted Discos for sensible prices.

Reply to
Steve Firth