who's a sucker for a mod?

how many of you lot buy a car and say 'na i won't mod it' or 'i'll just change a few bits like clear side repeaters'?

well i planned to keep my MR2 turbo standard but over the weekend something happened and i have a HID kit in my desk draw :) it's only half paid for but my wholesaler mate sold it to me for such a nice price! couldn't resist! put some cash down and he said 'here have it, gimmie the rest whenever' BONUS! :)

now i just want the bloody car so i can whack them in!

Reply to
Vamp

change a few bits like clear

something happened and i have a

nice price! couldn't resist!

If youy need a hand fitting it give me a shout :)

Ronny

Reply to
ronny

should be fine, my wholesaler mate has offered his help :) takes about 30-60mins to fit he said as the MR2 can be a bit of a fiddely job ;) but i doubt i'll wait if he can't help ASAP :)

Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

30-60mins to fit he said as

Once the lights are up, pull the mechanism fuse, that way they can't close on your hands.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

30-60mins to fit he said as

help ASAP :)

i know that already having a MK1 but thanks :)

Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

30-60mins to fit he said

help ASAP :)

Well, it depends if you have ever had to change a bulb :)

But I'm a sucker for reading the owners manuals from front to back when i get a car, no matter how old or cheap.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I always just change a few bits like clear side repeaters, and brakes.

How much ? I want one !

Reply to
Nom

Keep a '2 turbo standard... when it's *that* tweakable?

Reply to
fishman

mate that works in wholesale and supplies kits to lotus as well as people like deamon tweeks :) can't say how much i got them for but defo cheap! think there made by hella?

Reply to
Vamp

like deamon tweeks :)

You sure its ganna fit? you dont want a D2S bulb type or you will blind bejesus out of everyone, I dont know what light design you have but it defo wont accept D2s or D2R

D2S is the standard for Projection headlamps D2R is the standard for reflective based headlamp's

You will prob have one of the import types 9004-9006 bulbs, so make sure you get the right type.

A OEM HID kit will be useless on your car unless you fit OEM headlamps from a new vehicle.

Nom go

buy from his site and choose the exact type you want, dont go for a OEM kit from a new car.

Reply to
ronny

this is a model specific kit i have here. your questions go me asking questions hehe. i been told to trust him (my mate ray that is) as he has the kit on his car and it is made for the MR2 MKII's and the kit can be brough in jap land. looking on the box and he's right, under all the jap crap i can see the words MR2 and SW20 :) looked in the box and there's a lot of cable and other stuff!

think i'll let ray fit it as it does look different to misterjung's kit, only difference being the bulbs i think, there not jap spec bulbs i don't think as they are E marked.

Reply to
Vamp

Yeah, I'm on the case. Just haven't got round to it yet...

Reply to
Nom

I used to be but now I just buy 'em modded. Probably because of a couple of cars that got out of hand and I ended up blowing close to Aus$50k in 3 years on cars. Now I just buy something someone else has done and away you go. I generally only change the stereo.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston