02 sensor connectors on wrong 02 sengor?

I have a 66 that has a 91 5.0 in it. I just replaced my oxygen sensors and forgot to mark which connector goes to which sensor. Both connectors are long enough to go to either 02 sensor. Could someone help me identify which connector goes to which senor? Or does it not matter?

Reply to
Evan

It doesn't matter. Either one will be fine.

Reply to
.boB

Nope....It is vitally important to hook the right connector to the right sensor. Anything else would be the same as pushing the "Q" on your keyboard and expecting to get a "L" on the screen.

For the original poster..... if I have time later, I will check the EVTM and post then.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Okay thank you. I thought that it would screw things up.

Reply to
Evan

I looked at the wiring diagram in the haynes repair manual for '79-'93 mustangs, then crawled under my car. The color of the wires that the manual says, do not match the colors that are attached to my 02 sensor connector. I know two of the wires are the same for each side and the remaining third wire is the one that determines what side it goes on. Any ideas?

Reply to
Evan