03 GT Manual trany

I have been experiencing a problem when shifting in to 2nd from 1st or

3rd (down shifting) when the car is cold or after it's been sitting a while. I can feel the gears slightly grind. I took it to the dealer and they told me, "it's suppose to do that" I thought it may have been a tight clearance and would eventually go away due to wear. Well, I'm coming up on 10,000 miles and it's still there. Has anyone experienced this also? Is there something that I can tell the dealer so it can get fixed. To me, it doesn't seam right but I could be wrong.

TIA, Chris

03 GT
Reply to
CMG

Check out Stangnet.com at the Modular 4.6 section and look up the first sticky and sorry to say but join the club.

Reply to
MPBSR25

Chris,

My '03 Cobra does the same thing. It's a little "crunchy" when it's cold, but when it warms up it's like butter.

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

e said that From the factory Frod puts Mobil 1 synthetic in the tranny, dont believe anything else I have verified this with 3 Tremec Technicians. It is fact.

He told me that all the testing they have done has shown that with 3.8l of mobil 1 the 1 to 2nd grind exists. He told me to use Texaco Dexron III and fill it to 3.2liter not 3.8liters and that resolved the problem in there testing.

Has anyone tried this fix? Does it work?

experienced

Reply to
CMG

I've also been in contact with Tremec over the last 2 months and yes on the

3.2L. But it's not truly fixing the problem as Tremec also has issued 3 replacement parts for the 3650, but unless Ford issues a recall/tsb it doesn't help.
Reply to
MPBSR25

I had problems when shifting from 1st into 2nd when it was cold. At least for me, I had to give it a second, firm, tug to get it fully into 2nd. If I didn't, it wasn't really in 2nd fully, and that was the cause of the gears grinding.

My '03 doesn't seem to do it any more. I d> I have been experiencing a problem when shifting in to 2nd from 1st or

Reply to
Walt