'05 Mustang Price Range

I noticed in a recent Motor Trend (the one with the V10 Mustang article) that they listed potential prices for the next generation Mustang. The base coupe was listed for 22000 and GT was high 20's/low 30's. Doesn't this seem a bit high. I understand the platform change is substatial, but that is over a 20% increase in price. I apologize if this has been discussed in a recent thread, but I have been out of the country for a while and just read the article yesterday.

Adios, ~Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Andrade

I think a lot of the future pricing is based on inflation as well, not just the car.

2005 is still over 2 years away.. and if the pricing model is based on the cost of vehicles over the past (comparing yearly increases in cost over the last few years) they can usually make a guess as to how much more expensive a car will cost based on the percentage that the cost has risen over the past couple of years.

JC

Reply to
Jake Nichols

Ford seems to be hoping pushing products into another price bracket somehow grabs pieces of markets they do not yet have. Their new F150 COSTS $1000 more to build than the last one. That is a huge cost increase. The price of the Mustang (if right) makes it seem like they want it to compete against pricier Japanese sport vehicles. I just hope they don't end up doing what Toyota did with the Supra, pricing it so high no one wanted it anymore.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127