How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base package with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me. Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know how I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!

C Jones

Reply to
Christie Jones

kelly is showing a new v6 deluxe not premium options at $19473 // and v8

26,593 deluxe/ 9000 miles seems a liitle high for this early in year/ judge accordingly
Reply to
john711111

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:21:11 GMT, "Christie Jones" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Hell you should have been with me when I looked at a "used" Sonic Blue GT with 1000 miles under it's belt. When I asked the sales monkey how much the wanted for it he told me $33K. At that moment in time I swore I would never set foot on that lot again even if they were giving cars away.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Take the MSRP and multiply it by 0.6.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

You seriously expect someone to sell a $22,000 car (probably also the new MSRP) with 9k for $13,200? Cars depreciate, but not *that* fast.

-John

Reply to
Generic

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:10:54 -0800, "Generic" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Try trading one in and see what you get offered.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

That wasn't the scenario. "A lot in my town..."

-John

Reply to
Generic

My first thought was:

Why did the owner get rid of it so soon? You may want to really think it over, it may be a lemon.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

It might have to do with the sudden jump in gas. A job change that requires driving a lot... Take the VIN and call a DIFFERENT dealer and get the service list. I'm kind of looking for an 03-34 Cobra now and you figure it would be the same reasons behind trading one of those.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

S**t happens to people. Got my Cobra from a guy who was getting divorced. He bought it Oct 2002 and I got it from him in Jan 2003 for the balance of the loan ($27K). It had 3,000 miles on it. Kinda felt bad taking advantage of his situation, but that takes me back to my first sentence!

Reply to
Rick Olive

My friend lost his '86 SVO to a vindictive ex who used to go out of her way to drive it past the gas station we worked at, and zing the turbo mockingly. What a bitch.

Reply to
Wound Up

I swear to God - I'd burn mine to the ground before I'd let something like that happen.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

I feel bad for you too. You probably could have gotten it for half that from his ex-wife....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

LMAO... I'll remember that for next time!

Reply to
Rick Olive