'05 Pics I haven't seen before!!!

You haven't been here for long, have you? ;-)

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Looks nifty. The application I'm considering is for an FE. I've come across two non-Ford Big Blocks in the mags with Pro Chargers feeding carbs. I'd have to have the mount fabricated, but it would probably be worth it.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

JD, you can have dibs on my Cobra in '06. At the rate I'm going it will be mostly stock, maybe a MagnaFlow cat-back, and should only have around 25000 miles. My 2000 GT only had 23000 when I traded it in last August. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Ford is going to do with the Cobra, a 4.6 4v with a twin screw rather than the Eaton and some tuning will easily make a factory 490 horses. No one ever pays sticker for a GT, if there isn't a $2500 cash back when it hits the show room it will only be a few weeks before Ford offers it any way. Just order a v6 grille and some aftermarket driving lights, the GT grille lights are ugly.

Reply to
WraithCobra

Am I the only one who does NOT like the interior ???

Rein

I like it. I've put over 20k miles and no problems. Thing is that, it drives pretty much like stock if you drive it eazy. Mash on the go-pedal and it pulls hard. So unlike the Ken Bell, it does not put a heavy load on at lower rpms.

CobraJet wrote:

Reply to
Gill

Reply to
Gill

Good. Thanks a bunch!

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

It would be really cool if Ford offered a Bullitt version of the 2005 Stang... and they should use the 2004 type "Bullitt" wheels on it. Such a car would really look very close to the original Bullitt car from the movie. I think that would be awesome. I probably wouldn't be able to keep myself from buying one.

Reply to
GT-Vert-03

I thought you were putting it on a 4.6L. That's why I mentioned the KB.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Thank God they didn't go back to that econobox late '80's-early '90's style! A lot of people liked that, I know, but they didn't even look like Mustangs; more like Nissans or Toyotas. Or Hondas. LOL!

That 'Rice' look may have been cool up to about 1993, but Ford made the right decision in '94 and again in the new Mustang.

Great looking car and one that restores the heritage. And under 2K!

doc

Reply to
doc

I don't know, but I like it. :-)

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

I figured, but that's fine. The P1SC appears to be a universal application that can feed bigger engines as needed. ATI's site mentions carb motors as better for charging than EFI, so I'm thinking some devious thoughts.

At one time I thought about upping the power on my Crown Vic, but the return in dollars per horsepower really isn't there compared to the older stuff.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet
** JD, you can have dibs on my Cobra in '06. At the rate I'm going it will be ** mostly stock, maybe a MagnaFlow cat-back, and should only have around 25000 ** miles. My 2000 GT only had 23000 when I traded it in last August. I'm really ** looking forward to seeing what Ford is going to do with the Cobra, a 4.6 4v ** with a twin screw rather than the Eaton and some tuning will easily make a ** factory 490 horses. ** No one ever pays sticker for a GT, if there isn't a $2500 cash back when it ** hits the show room it will only be a few weeks before Ford offers it any ** way. Just order a v6 grille and some aftermarket driving lights, the GT ** grille lights are ugly.

Oh yeah, now we're talking! I'm still having an awful lot of fun with my '98 GT, and it's just barely getting broken in, but I'm always saving my nickles. I don't have a big problem with folks paying $30k for a car, as long as they are saving 20% in a good retirement account first; the rest is all gravy.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams
** That's what I'm talkin' about JD!! Let someone else soak up the ** Depreciation Costs! ** ** Personally, I don't see where people get the $$$ for these $30k+ ** Cars.......

I don't either. I make pretty good money and I am debt-free, and I intend to stay that way. Jeez, the sales tax, destination charge and registration fees for this beauty is probably close to $2-grand. Bleh!

No thanks! I'll just wait a couple of years, let someone else barf up $3,000 cash down, spend YEARS bleeding out every orifice in their body trying to squeeze out those $700/mo. payments, then pick it up for about half-price when they go bust or trade it in on a newer model. In the meantime, I'll just save my nickels and pay cash. HA! No one ever got rich borrowing money.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Oh, that's easy to answer...

You work hard and pinch pennies for many, many, many years to finally afford you're first shiny new customized GT convertible then, 11 months later, some kid driving his dad's SUV smacks into you and completely obliterates all that effort. Big dollar hit indeed! A $20k+ depreciation in a fraction of a second...

Katmandu wrote:

Reply to
J. Michael Gilker

Check this out CJ...

Katmandu

Here's a good article w/pics

Katmandu

This is Better yet....

Katmandu

One thing to keep in mind about the P1SC is I've read from numerous people where they have had problems with the seals blowing on that head unit. It seems the D1 units don't have the problem and IMO you will need that size of blower anyway to feed a big block enough air.

I don't have the web site bookmarked anymore but a guy put a small turbo on a 460 and made 700+ ft-lbs of torque on just 7 psi. You'll see some wicked hp/torque numbers from a supercharged, intercooled big block.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

No, you're not the only one who doesn't like the interior, I don't like it either, but it is a small improvement over the concepts interior. Other than that I think it's a great car.

Reply to
fjlawler