'05 Pics I haven't seen before!!!

Nice pics.

I just talked to my friend who is an engineer at Ford (actually Visteon, now, bu tstill works for Ford).

He said he drove an '05 prototype. He said they cut alot of corners on the interior to keep the price down, and that it feels extremely cheap and chintzy.

Reply to
Mitch

NOPE

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

I like to buy new for the full 3/36 warranty and the depreciation is the price I pay for it. Two years ago I was very interested in the Roush Stage 3 and had geared my finances for the future purchase of one, then the '03 Cobra came out and offered a similar package for $15,000 less. I had been making double payments on the 2000 GT, so the Cobra payments are not a burden. Although I did get suckered into paying sticker for the Cobra, I should have did a bit more research. I was pissed 10 days later when Ford offered $2500 cash back or 2.9 APR which really devalued the car for the short term, but 3 years from now it should retain it's value. If the '06 Mustang Cobra is all the rumors make it out to be, I have no other option but to buy one. I'm just worried that Ford will not use the name "Mustang Cobra" in the new body style since Ford and Shelby are building a new "Cobra". I'm guessing it will be called a "Boss 281" or "KR500", for 500 horses, which will not be a problem as long as their are no silly graphics or stripes. I like the Roush Stage 3 and the Cobra becuse they are clean and simple, not "Look at ME" like a Saleen.

Reply to
WraithCobra

interior looks like crap too...

Rein

pfew..

I like the outside.. inside....NAH

Rein

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:18:59 -0700, Rein

Maybe I'll just put more money into my GT and stay happy with it. Or add on OLD fastback, instead of an '05.

Reply to
Mitch

As well as the exterior.... Id buy an 03 cobra over that anyday...i mean, supercharged right out of the box cant get much better than that...

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

I have to dig out those articles again to see if the blower number itself was specified.

Yep. Start big end big!

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

It's been a couple years since I lurked in that forum. Seems as if they have some new tricks up their sleeves. But those guys spend a lot of money just to go 15's. It's cool if they don't have anything faster, but....

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet
** Oh, that's easy to answer... ** ** You work hard and pinch pennies for many, many, many years to finally ** afford you're first shiny new customized GT convertible then, 11 months ** later, some kid driving his dad's SUV smacks into you and completely ** obliterates all that effort. Big dollar hit indeed! A $20k+ depreciation ** in a fraction of a second...

You got THAT right! And of course, said backward-hat-twit continues along his merry little way with nary a threat of actual punishment, as driving these days is a right, not a privilage.

What happened to the good old days when you could just beat the crap out of arrogant morons who destroy something that took YEARS of saving to afford???

Reply to
JD Adams
[...]

As long as Ford allows dealership mechanics to service that warranty, it's not worth diddly to me. I like the idea of owning a car that I don't have to constantly fix, however I've bought $300 cars in the past that accomplished that. The winter beater I'm driving now is incredibly reliable, though I admit I paid $1200 for it, which was too much.

I'm with Clark Howard on this line of thought. If you're going to drive it

10+ years, it's worth purchasing new, otherwise go with a 2-3 year old, very well maintained car of the make/year/model that you wanted to buy new in the first place. If one saved their nickles for 3 years after a 'new model' came out, not only would one be able to pay cash and avoid finance charges altogether, but one would be able to buy for about 1/2 of what it sold for new. A 3rd party warranty can be bought seperately I guess, for those who think it might croak early.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

IMO, it's better than the ugly, cheesy plastic looking interior in the 94-03 Mustangs. I've never liked the interior in my '96.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy
** Nice pics. ** ** I just talked to my friend who is an engineer at Ford (actually ** Visteon, now, bu tstill works for Ford). ** ** He said he drove an '05 prototype. ** He said they cut alot of corners on the interior to keep the price ** down, and that it feels extremely cheap and chintzy.

I must wonder if they went with Ford's famous 'Leather Seating Surfaces' - you know, the ones that don't contain enough cowhide to cover a steer's ass?

'Plasticky' is the term that comes to mind, much like the interior of a Camaro. Most automakers today still use el-cheapo plastic interior parts, but dull the shine a bit to make the material appear to be of a higher quality.

Reply to
JD Adams

Stood in line for over an hour at my local Borders book store (Jax, FL) to get Clark to sign my copy of "Get Clark Smart..." and to ask him what ever happened to David Paul, a nutty guy who had a radio show right before Clark's show (years ago in Atlanta).

The wife and I are Clark Howard believers. He da man!

Reply to
Mark Gonzales

Looks that way. LOL

Tim Robinson '02 Roush Conversion