$160 induction cleaning?!

$50 for a fuel filter?! Ford must be crazy! ;-)

That's what they recommended today since I'm over 15K.

Is there anything that Ford service would do that a joint like Jiffy Lube wouldn't when having your fuel system cleaned?

Where would you all recommend that I take it to have this seemingly simple service done?

Next question, all they are going to do is jack the induction cleaning kit into my intake, and then hose down my throttle plate right?

Maybe I should just do it myself.

Hrm..

-Andrew

Reply to
AW

"AW" wrote

The crazy ones are those willing to pay it.

If it's so simple then why not do it yourself?

No, they usually run a can a injector cleaner in the tank, then hook into the vacuum system and run a cleaner into the intake which is sucked in by vacuum. It looks like this...

cleans the throttle body, throttle plate, valves, combustion chamber, intake runners, the upper ring-belt area of all the piston chambers, basically the whole top end of your system. I'd run a can of BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner then run BG44K. BG recently ran a '93 Mazda MX-6 to 310,000 miles with virtually zero wear on the internals (ALL the internals) due to using their products. Here's the report...

66 6F HCS

BG recommends the Throttle and upper intake be cleaned every 30-45k not

15k. Wait and do it at 30-45 and just wipe off your throttle plate for now. The throttle is coated so make to wipe it not soak it with the cleaner. If you do the service now it will not hurt but you wouldn't "feel" the difference. Don't pay more than $139 to have it done right with the fogger not the suck through can. There are two different BG services.

Robert Hooked

Reply to
Hooked 87