1965 Mustang AOD Conversion

I am looking for information on the AOD. Are all of the AOD's the same for the years 1980-1992 in all of the cars?? I am going to go to the local junk yard to get a tranmission and parts to rebuild for the conversion, any help.....

Thanks,

Reply to
MJDJ

Check out baumannengineering.com for the tranny info.

Reply to
W3tac8oe

I'm doing the same thing for my 66. If you put in a EFI engine, you might as well go AODE if you can. If you are putting in the AOD behind a carb engine, I believe you don't need any electronics.

Gary in NC

Reply to
gcroix

The tranny will be behind a 289 with a carb...

Reply to
MJDJ

I used an AOD from a F150 which was a mistake, the speedometer drive gear on the tailshaft has a large number of turns on it (I think it was 9) making it impossible to get a driven gear that'll calibrate correctly, I have a 21 driven gear and my speedo is still way off. I have a picture of the carb linkage at

The cable camefrom Total Performance in MI as I recall.

Reply to
HiPerformance289

I see from the pics you are still running a Holley carb. The fuel leak is quite evident. Time to upgrade to an Edelbrock carb don't you think?

c8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe