1965 Fastback AOD Upgrade

I am looking to swap an AOD lock-up transmission into my 1965 fastback. Does anyone have a "kit"with the transmission crossmember TV cable etc. I have read about a company called windsor-fox in California, but they seem to be out of business. If there is any wisdom that can be shared for this conversion please let me know. Also I will be buying a new/rebuilt tranny without a core, so suggestions please. I am located in the central Florida area.

Dominic

Reply to
MJDJ1

out of business? Their website doesn't mention it. Several Mustang parts people sell the necessary parts you need. Gary in NC.

Reply to
gcroix

Do you have a carb on that engine? What rear gears?

Reply to
CobraJet

Check with Mustangs Plus

They do a lot of this kind of stuff.

Reply to
boB

"gcroix" wrote

And Lokar sells the TV adapter.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

Hi Dominic, I once put an AOD in a '65 FB. See if you can get one with the cable inputs like in the '87 to '93 mustangs. I hooked up the TV (Throttle valve) cable using a home made adjustable bracket to an existing hole in an Edelbrock carb I was using. It had the perfect amount of throw. Its VERY critical to have the TV set up and adjusted properly. I also made a bracket to use the stock 87-93 mustang shifter cable with my exsiting auto shifter. You can get a transmission cross member from mail order shops like Mustangs Plus.

You also need the correct flexplate depending on the engine you intend to use. The later 5.0s have a 50oz. imbalance while the earlier small blocks have 28oz. If you put the wrong flexplate on, your teeth will rattle out and you'll smoke your engine quickly. You'll also have to have your driveshaft shortened. The '65 automatic speedo cable fits right in but you may have to experiment with speedo gears to get the right speedo/odmeter calibration. You also need to splice the AOD neutral-safety switch to the cars wiring (4 wires). let me know if you have any questions.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Thanks Mark!!!

And thanks to all the project is comm>Hi Dominic, I once put an AOD in a '65 FB. See if you can get one with the

Reply to
MJDJ1