During a weekend Mustang (200 CID) project I decided to change the plug for
my voltage regulator. I noticed something funny. The plug has four "female
connectors" but only three of them have wires in them. My replacement plug
has wires in all four "female connectors". Now I am assuming that since my
voltage regulator has "four males" then the replacement plug is correct and
something is missing/modified in my original plug. Here is a summary of my
wires on my original voltage regulator plug:
1. There are four females. Three of them close together and the fourth one
off by itself.
2. Going from left to right there is a wire in each of the three females.
3. No wire is present in the fourth female.
4. The third female has two wires in it. One from the harness and one to a
condenser which eventually leads to ground.
5. Am I correct in that the third female should contain the one from the
harness and the fourth female should contain the condenser wire?
If anyone can help me on this that would be great.
I have tried to be as detailed as I can.