1966 Voltage regulator - Need help!

Hello,
During a weekend Mustang (200 CID) project I decided to change the plug for my voltage regulator. I noticed something funny. The plug has four "female
connectors" but only three of them have wires in them. My replacement plug has wires in all four "female connectors". Now I am assuming that since my voltage regulator has "four males" then the replacement plug is correct and something is missing/modified in my original plug. Here is a summary of my wires on my original voltage regulator plug:
1. There are four females. Three of them close together and the fourth one off by itself.
2. Going from left to right there is a wire in each of the three females.
3. No wire is present in the fourth female.
4. The third female has two wires in it. One from the harness and one to a condenser which eventually leads to ground.
5. Am I correct in that the third female should contain the one from the harness and the fourth female should contain the condenser wire?
If anyone can help me on this that would be great.
I have tried to be as detailed as I can.
Thanks.
The first female is the field connection to the Alt and should be White.
The second female is to the stator connection on the Alt and should be White with a Black stripe.
The third female should have the condenser pigtail on it and should go to the battery side of the starter relay. It is Yellow.
The fourth female ( slightly seperated ) is for the indicator light on the dash and will be Green with a Red stripe and will go through the loom to a firewall connection. HTH StuK