1967 mustang oil

I know that the oil change was with Valvoline 10W-30W. I am not sure if they put the full synthetic oil in at the time. Can I mix full synthetic with regular oil since it is a quart low. Would the synthetic be the best for the next oil change and further use. The 289 has 79,000 original miles.

Reply to
valdustina

Yes, you can mix them. Oil makers do it and call it a "Blend". I think if you drive the car a lot, especially in harsh conditions, then synthetic oil is definatly better. I use regular Penzoil in mine, because I hardley ever drive it. Just change the oil and filter every year.

Reply to
.boB