1983 5.0 Mustang

I have a 19383 5.0 Mustang trying to get oil pan out. Done everything by book but still not enough clearance to pull pan out. Have to replace gasket and front and rear pan seal. Any tips?

Reply to
Mustangman83

Rent an engine hoist and pull the engine. Rent or borrow an engine stand to mount the engine on when it comes out of the car (optional, but recommended). It sounds like huge amounts of work, but in my experience (having done 5.0 remove/installs countless number of times) it is the most straightforward way to do it.

Also, given the year of your car, your rear main crankshaft oil seal is likely leaking like a sieve, and the only way to change that seal is to pull the engine or transmission.

Mustangman83 wrote:

Reply to
cprice