289 Mustang that keeps quitting

My 1966 289 Mustang has developed a habit of dying whenever I stop at a stop sign. It usually starts right up again but sometimes it takes a while. It does this whether it is hot or cold outside. It has an electronic distributor and coil from Mallory. The coil wire was burned so it was replaced, along with the other wiring from the coil. The fuel filters are clean and the carburetor has been readjusted. It still continues to have the problem but not as bad as it was. Any ideas as to what to check next would be appreciated.

Reply to
Nevada Larry

I have no idea how to diagnose a Mallory dizzie (one of those Unilite things?) but what I'd do is re-install my factory dizzie and see if this helps. I have had more probs with aftermarket ignitions than I care to detail. Not that I don't still use them, but there you go.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Reply to