1987 GT Covertible Rear 1/4 window parts

Have an 87 GT Convert, the Ford dealer says I probably have to replace the "passenger rear 1/4 power window regulator". The Ford dealer says it is an obsolete part that is not made anymore. They cannot find one in my local area(So.Vt, Mass, NH).Has anyone else had problems with their window, replacing it or finding the regulator for it? Anyone know where I might be able to find a part or who has one and get it fixed? The dealer doesn't want to take the panel off and risk not getting it back together having the window stuck in the down position. Any info and help would be great!!!

Thanks!

Reply to
John Hale

Is the motor making any noise when the button is pressed ? If you can hear the motor run but window fails to move it is most likely the rubber bushings in the motor/regulator have disintegrated. If needed I stock good used motor/regulators assemblies.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Reply to
Claud Spinks