1990 GT VS. 1999 GT

ok, for all you speed heads out there? I had a 1999 GT and sol sold it a bit ago when money was tight.. i am looking at a 1990 GT convertable with GT-40 Heads, Explorer intake, e303 cam, 65mm tb, 73 c&l meter, 4.10 gears, off road h-pipe, flowmaster exhaust... Do any of you think that this vert would at least be as quick as my 1999 was? I know verts are heavy and all, but what do you guys think? I dont want to down grade in the speed department? Im also actually looking at a 1997 camaro ss , but it has 100,000 miles on it for $9000... the mustang is for $8000... What do you guys think, i know your all stang fans, but what am i dealing with here..

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Need more info. What transmissions do the cars have?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

both are stock

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Do the cars have 5-speeds or automatics?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

5-speeds
Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Both are 5-speeds. If the '90 is in a good state of tune, yes I'd say it would be at least as fast as the '99, and more than likely faster.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick