1991 GT 5.0 power fall off

Occassionaly when I make a turn from a stop.. ie, pulling out onto a highway or road and accellerating, the vehicle looses power.. lights, interior, etc are all still on, but there is no power coming from the motor for about 3 seconds or so, then it kicks back in and all seems okay.

Judging by the feel of it, it is happening in 2nd gear, because I can move out, but as the vehicle picks up speed it just stops, then kicks back in and continues.

If I do a slow accelleration, all seems fine, it seems to only occur during rapid accelleration and only when I am coming out onto a road from a side street or making a turn from one street to another, although it doesn't happen as often then unless I have come to nearly a complete stop.

None of the warning lights are coming on the dash.

Any ideas where I could start looking to see what might be going on?

TIA

JC

Reply to
Jake Nichols