2001 Mustang - Fuel Pump Options

Hello!

My 2001 mustang 3.6 fuel pump died. I've looked at the local auto stores and only one carries such a pump for $190 (comes with straner, fuel sender and other parts I already have from the old unit). Is there a pump out there I can just replace the current one with (model number and place to buy it), instead of buying a whole new assembly? Also I don't mind buying online if it saves me $$$$.

Thanks!

Reply to
Wildatom

While you could probably find the fuel pump independent of the strainer, sender, etc. (Advance Auto Parts carries them), Id suggest you just swap the whole thing. The pump will make up about $150 of the $190 anyway, you get alot more bang for the buck by spending the extra 40 bucks.

Learned that the hard way on my truck.. The new pump blew out in 10k miles because the strainer had problems too.

Reply to
japhar81

Does anyone know the lph of the 2001 mustang oem fuel pump? It looks like the pump itself is replaceable. I'm trying to find a pump with enough pressure (lph) as a suitable replacement.

Reply to
Wildatom

Check out ebay. lots of replacement pumps for a lot less.

Rein