2003 GT runs rough

I have 2003 GT Convertible with Automatic and less than 7K miles. It runs rough at very slow speeds up to about 50 MPH, unless you are accelerating hard, however it idles fine.. Also the Torque converter seems to lock up too early. Local Ford Dealer's ( I have taken it to two) say that everything tests fine and they can find no problems. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have installed an K&N and removed the baffle, and have changed from regular to premium fuel with no change.

Please reply via e-mail, thanks in advance

Johnny Bowles

Reply to
Johnny K. Bowles

I've heard that removing the baffle on the newer cars dosen't help nearly as much as it did on the Fox cars. Chaging from regular to premium fuel without a change in initial timing will do nothing to help you and only hurt your wallet, if not hurt performance a little bit. Go back to the regular fuel.

As for your torque converter problems, I don't know. I can't help you there. I have but one car with a torque converter out of 5, and it's too old to matter (1985 Mustang GT AOD).

That's ok.. I'll just post here, thanks. ;-)

Reply to
JS

My 2002 GT AODE runs just fine. Perhaps a computer reset would help. Disconnect the negative cable at the battery for 1/2 hour, then reconnect and retrain the system by driving for approximately 50 miles under varying conditions.

LSRx

Reply to
Laurence S. Reisner

take it back to the dealer. It's brand-friggin-new. They need to fix it. If they don't, contact Ford customer service and file a complaint. They'll make it right.

Mark

Reply to
nerdymark

If oil from the K&N gets on to the MAF sensor, your engine will start to run rough (or worse). This is, unfortunately, a common problem.

BTW, oil c> I have installed an K&N and removed the baffle, and have changed from

Reply to
Walt

Reply to
brian

Clean it with electrical contact cleaner. No need to replace it.

Reply to
Keith