2005 stang pricing?

Looked at some Deluxe V6 coupes tonight. Dealer came down $500 under sticker, is this a decent deal or could I do better on V6 coupes? Thanks! FRITZ

Reply to
James FRITZ Friedel

Aren't the V6 Stangs eligible for the Friends & Family Pricing? The ads I saw specifically said the GT was exempt, but mentioned nothing about the base models.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

My understanding is that the "shortage" only affects GT's. I suspect that if you wait a couple of months ('06 Mustangs are coming out in August I think), this artificial shortage will subside and dealers will be back to discounting below MSRP to move product.

I was going to pick up an '05 GT for a project car, but I couldn't find any dealers willing to back off MSRP (and a few were trying to charge a couple grand OVER invoice due to lack of availability). So I decided to just wait a few months until all the hoopla dies down.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

the supply of V6 coupes seems to be plentiful all of a sudden.......I think converts - either 6 or 8 - will be tight for a long time.

saw an article last week that cited figures that show the demand for converts so strong - and supply so limited - that the it has raised the prices of 01 - 04s by 1000-2000 or more! the factory is now shut for switchover and we can assume that '06s will be priced higher. as far as i've hard, the only changes are the V6 Pony package, wheel availability..............and they've eliminated Sonic Blue (of course, that's the color I wanted).

I keep telling myself that I won't pay sticker.....but at lunch today, there was a new GT convert parked next to a new Thunderbird ..... both with tops down.....people gathered around to look at the 'Stang......nobuddy noticed the 'Bird. Don't know how much longer I can hold out!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

I know what you mean. In Dallas, TX dealers are bumping the MSRP 3-5K with dealer add ons. As for the friends and family discount, the mustangs are excluded, including base model V-6's. I plan to wait it out as well. By early October, the dealers will have to drop the price to make room for the 06 models. I've seen advertisements for deluxe model V-6's at $19,520.00. Hope that helps, Later,

Reply to
tarzan

If you go to Ford's website

and click on the family plan link, there's drop down box to choose your model. The Mustang isn't included in the drop down box.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers

While this is true, in my area it isn't the little asterisk at the bottom of the page listing the vehicles it isn't available on. It says Mustang GT as opposed to just Mustang. Truth in advertising?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

You missed a comma.

It was Mustang, GT, and Escape Hybrid. Obviously, the GT isn't included. Hell, GM didn't include the Corvette in THEIR employee discount program...

dwight (The GT and the Mustang GT are two wholly different cars.)

Reply to
dwight

Ahh Hah a comma, must be old man eyes. The print is pretty damn small & displayed for short time on the boob tube anyway. I can't even read the fine print in the dang newspaper ads. I did see a Cheby Dealer advertising a 2005 Tahoe for $8995.00. That was a major a yeah right.

Reply to
ZombyWoof