302 in 1990 carb or FI

I'm putting a 302 in my 1990 mustang lx notche back.. it has a 4 cycl as it sits but i have the engine and have been building it up.. should i fuel inject it or should i carb it.. just would like some input on this sub..

Reply to
Curtis Metzler

I doubt that in most places you'd even be allowed to register or have emissions done on it with a carb, since OE was EFI.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

You are correct. However, I'm not sure where the poster was from either, but there are a few states where they don't have emission testing or yearly safety inspections. (Kansas, for example, where I live) For the record, I'm not in favor of yanking off any emission equipment either. If the truck came out with EFI, keep it EFI.

Reply to
Kruse

"Kruse" wrote

I used to live in MO where there was no emissions, just a safety inspection. Now I live in CO where it's the opposite.

Carb is easier to setup, but the advantages of EFI far outstrip the PITA factor of installation. Which is way easier on a car meant for EFI anyways, unlike trying to convert my '69 over to EFI.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Reply to
Curtis Metzler

WARNING: Federal law makes it illegal for ANYONE to tamper with, disconnect, remove or otherwise render inoperative ANY emissions-related control device. The Environmental Protection Agency and most states have actually been rather lax about enforcing this rule on motorists, but they haven't hesitated to nail professional service facilities that have been guilty of tampering. Even so, the fines can be hefty. A violation may make you liable for up to a $2,500 fine!

Reply to
351CJ