Considering an 0'5 Mustang, but...

I had some questions i was wondering if you guys could answer for me.

I tried to look through a lot of recent posts, but couldn't really find many answers, so if any of these are repeats, don't hesitate to let me know...i can do further research.

I live in Chicago so i get snow here. Any idea if this car handles poorly in snow?

Anyone know the approximate price difference between a V6 and a V8? How about performance, is there a HUGE difference, or should i only consider a V8 if i want to go drag racing?

I will be able to get the "Friends & neighbors" discount, any idea approximately how much one of these would cost with that? I mean i saw "Base Price" in Consumer Reports said $19k, but everything i've read on here makes it seem like $25k is more standard. So with a discount off of one of those prices, anyone know how much?

Being in the city, would it be a bad idea to get a stick shift?

Do you guys know if it would even be possible to get 0% APR financing from anywhere? I mean have you seen dealers that have done this, or have you most dealers at 4% or something?

Can anyone attest to the reliability? Have you owned one for a few months, any problems, etc.?

Any information is appreciated, thanks guys!

Reply to
Bort

It has traction control, and a stick is a lot easier in the snow than an auto. As long as you're a good driver and have good tires, it shouldn't be a problem.

There's not a whole lot of differance in power levels, surprisingly enough. But take a close look at what you get with the V* - things like 4 wheel ABS, sway bars, etc. The GT is a much better car, IMO.

It will vary greatly from dealer to dealer. Depends on how hot the market is.

Not to me. Stick is the only way to go.

The 0% financing deals are disappearing fast.

Reply to
.boB

If youre buying on the X plan (friends/family/neighbors), you wont be getting a GT for either the 05 or 06 production years.

Ford sent that memo out to dealers a while ago.

Reply to
japhar81

I've had three friends buy V6 Mustangs in the past five years and every one of them wished they had bought a V8. Not only is the power difference noticable (please don't just compare horsepower numbers; also compare torque), but also the handling and all the other extras you get stock with a GT. Especially if you are mentioning "drag racing" you need to get a GT or wait for the Cobra. If you bought a V6 and tried to soup it up, you would spend much more money in the end (price of car initially plus price of add-ons) to get *any* horsepower/torque numbers than if you started out with a GT.

Reply to
Scotter

a 90 hp difference isn't much?

Reply to
me

lmfao look at the ford dealership STAFF PARKING

how come the technicians dont drive ford

at our dealership

2 out of 47 techs

get the hint unless u like to send my kid to college

lmfao

hurc ast fordmasterteck canada red seal

Reply to
baywatch 904133

Sooooo... what are the 2 Fords, what do you drive, and what are the other 44? We all want to drive the best... please back up your statement(s)...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

For most drivers, especially city drivers, it isn't. They only get to use 1/2 the power they have, so a little less won't matter. Now, if you're racing in an open class, 3 hp is a lot. Drag racing in brackets won't matter, either. In that case, a V6/AOD would be an excellent drivetrain.

Reply to
.boB

come un up to canada and see for yourself rob

ford= run away

lmfao hurc ast

Reply to
baywatch 904133

The only person I know with an '05 GT, bought it on X-plan. Some dealers just like to gouge more than others, don't take that memo BS as gospel.

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

Sorry, i'm not exactly a big car person. The friends i've talked to about the car only mentioned horsepower numbers, not torque...

I'm not going to be drag racing, i was sort of saying, "would i only need a V8 if i was *going to be* drag racing?".

Thanks for the info though.

Reply to
Bort

Thanks for the input, guys.

I went and test drove an automatic V6 today, i was impressed. Dealer said they wouldn't let me test drive a stick or a GT...i think they're lying, but i'll go check out some other Ford dealers tomorrow and see.

I'm thinking i might go with a V6 stick...anyone here have one they're satisfied/unsatisfied with?

Reply to
Bort

I'm glad you are going to try other dealers so you can at least feel the difference of a GT before buying a V6.

Reply to
Scotter

Which means you are making it all up. You won't even say what you drive, or own, what with all that "master knowledge" and a "red seal".

I dare you to post a picture of your vehicle(s) on the net. You won't, and can't do it. Warman does it...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

lmfao why would i make it up ? just look behind any dealership staff parking lmfao

why should i do something warman does ? warman is a hack post a picture of your car who the f*ck cares

hurc ast

Reply to
snmmach

You can't prove it, so you have to make it up.

Chevrolet - mostly GMs Buick - mostly GMs Pontiac - mostly GMs Cadillac/Hummer - mostly GMs Saturn - mostly GMs FLM - Mostly Fords, Lincolns, Mercs Chrysler/Dodge - Mostly D-C (techs are driving trucks mostly here) Hyundai - Everything but Hyundai (but changing more balanced to Hyundai) Honda - Everything... Honda included

You don't, which is exactly my point. He is respected, gainfully employed, & tactful. You are not not not.

It looks like anyone on the net will go out of their way to go to SL Ford, & avoid your shop completely.

'97 Taurus wagon. '93 Accord. Everyone knows what they look like... we are just waiting to see what kind of wonder-car you are hip to...

Please tell us what those 45 of 47 mystery cars are in the Ford lot... I mean really - what does it say about you & your co-workers when a Ford "tech" can't repair & maintain such a simple thing as a Ford vehicle?

Come on Harry... tell us...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

lmfao if your so smart how come your cars are so old

lmfao

Reply to
snmmach

My acquisition cost to drive a Ford or Honda is well under $1000 / year.

I could buy any car... but I've never had a car payment and wish to keep it that way. A new car purchase is generally a waste of money, and I put on 65,000 miles a year... I buy reliable cars at around 85,000 miles & $3500 (Ford & Honda) and drive them to 210/220/230/240 + K miles. I rely on good techs, experience, & trusted newsgroup advice, and avoid dealership repair shops(even though I make most of my commissions at dealerships - ).

The 45 cars Harry, let's have'm... what are they...?

Sorry Harry...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

come on up and see would love to have ya in calgary we could go visit warman

hope to c ya

hurc ast

Reply to
snmmach