Changed the Intake Manifold on my 85 GT

Hi Everyone,

Well need some more advice from all you knowledgeable fellow Stang lovers.

My intake gasket went on my 1985 Mustang GT. I decided since we are going to replace the gasket, might as well replace the intake also. So I picked up an Edelbrock Perfomer Manifold (PN#2121) which is non EGR.

I talked to Edelbrock techline to make sure this would work on my car and he said there would be no problem.

My mechanic called me this morning and told me that all the original vaccuums had no place to hook up anymore. Also told me my car might run rich...........not sure how it's gonna run....or idle for that matter.

What I am wondering is if I made the right choice and can I make necessary adjustments so it runs well.

Thanks

Reply to
Steph

If you need multiple vacume lines for emissions stuff, then you need a simple vacume manifold. They are pretty common, and you should be able to pick on up at your local NAPA store. As for running rich, I can't imagine why that's an issue. Since there's no EGR, it will feed a cleaner air charge to the cylinders - that's the point. So stock jetting would be rich. Just adjust the carb so it isn't.

Reply to
boB