351w - diameter on crank's rear oil journal?

Hey NG,

Im loosing oil from the 2ps rear main seal (pre-80), the crankshaft's rear oil journal have the oil-groves like this ////, but since this is for my boat and i have changed running direction it needs to be like this \\\\. So insteed of pushing the oil in, it pulls the oil out :-( the only thing i didnt notice when i rebuild to a marine engine. Otherwise the engine is running like a dream.

Im an mashinist so im gonna fix it eigher with an SKF Speedi-Sleeve (making it smooth, releing on the reverse rotating seal) or make a brusing with the correct grooves.

I asked my local engine-shop, but this is a Jap and vw country so he was no help.. (what's a v8)

So does any of you nice Ford people have the correct measurament for the crankshaft's rear oil-journal (in metric if possible) just to check that it isnt undercut or worn? (Diameter should be the same on any pre-80 Windsor engine.)

Best Leon, Denmark

Leon Hulstroem