351W what year to get?

Hi I was wondering what is the best year 351W to get? I was thinking on putting it my 87 Mustang. What would be my options? Thanks.

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

What do you plan to do with it? Is it going to be all stock?

Reply to
.boB

try this

winze

I want a mild motor to go in a 87 mustang. What I would like to know would juts mods to a 5.0 ltr be better than 351W? Thanks Dave.

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

Winze you are the best. Thank you for the link great site. One more question should I just do a 5.0 ltr or would 351W be better all round? Thanks Dave.

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

Is it going into a 5.0 car or is it a 4 cylinder swap? If you are doing a swap, I see no reason why you shouldn't go with a 351. It is alot easier to get more power out of the 351, the only drawback is that you may need a new hood to fit it with an EFI intake. If it is already a

5.0 car, you might as well just do some performance upgrades to it, unless the engine is blown. I almost went with a 351 in my '93 when I blew the motor but ended up doing a 331 stroker instead because I already had all the 5.0 parts I needed. I now have a 351 in my truck and it seems to be a good motor. Very strong and tons of torque. Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks Eric. Its going in a 87 4 cylinder convert. The 4 banger is beat and I have all the parts for the 5 speed swap as well.

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

thanks, either engine can be built mild to wild,however the 351W will always make more torque & horsepower than a 302 at the same rpm.

Reply to
winze

Sounds like you have a tough, but fun project to look forward to. Good luck! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks all for helping me out .

Reply to