4.6 Headers (boggered threads)

OK I swapped my Bassani x-pipe with my stockers because I had to pass smog here in Cali.

While putting the Bassani back on I got to the passenger side and I think I stripped the threads on the header flange. They are FMS (I think maybe gone to FRPP) ceramic coated shorties.

It's just a flat piece of metal with threaded holes that the bolts go into, (maybe a 1/2" thick) and It felt like I had both of the bolts going straight in.

About half way through though, it got real tight and after several tries to make sure they were staight, I just gorilla'd it to the end of the bolt.

Now I have an exhaust leak at that flange cause I got the gasket in there crooked, but the bolts won't come back out. I think they will snap so I'm thinking of going to a shop and letting them deal with it.

Anyone else have this problem, or know of a fix? Should I snap them off

Reply to
Gill