5.0l ho revisited

hi, this is what i have come up with:

the 5.0l ho was in - 91 - 95 mustangs, t-birds, cougars and mk vii's - it has the firing order of the 5.8l i. e. 13726548 - the car would have a vin digit of either e of t - the engine id code would be f1se

i believe all the motors to be the same regardless of the car.

anyone confirm/refute this?

tia, peter

Reply to
peter

think it ended with the 93 mustang, 87 to 93 basically

Reply to
Jim Lanson

'94-95 Mustangs had the same 5.0L that the previous '87-93 had. There were many minor changes during this period. One of the changes during the different bodystyles was on the intake to accomodate the hood clearance.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

I thought they switched over to the modular motor for the 94 on (?) I did not like the change (93 to 94) as the interior room was too small from the Fox body.

Reply to
Jim Lanson

94-95 were HO 302s. 4.6 started in 96 on the Mustang, earlier on the Thunderbird.
Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I thought HOs started earlier like 85, (although carbed) with the HR cam and 351 FO. I also believe they are basically the same other than accessory mounting and intake ducting, exhaust headers, etc.

Reply to
deadcarnahans