'65 351/T5 swap...continued

Hi All,

Getting closer to completition. One thing learned is nobody who's written on these conversions is 100% correct. When this project is completed I'll post what worked.

My SIL2B found Hedmann headers for the project and they fit...very tightly around Nos. 1 and 5 primary tubes, but at $120 a lot cheaper than customs. Engine swap in itself isn't too bad. (May even fit the stock hood or at worst needing the small Shelby scoop.) The T5 conversion is tougher and what works is a '94-'95 deep bellhousing and long input shaft T5...shifter hole lines up perfectly. Rear mounts available for the swap are designed for short input shaft T5s and require modification (where we're at now.) Driveline angles and driveshaft length should be determined later today.

I did find what killed the two engines that were in it...fuel line was flattened behind the left front tire...the result of a long ago accident.

Again this was no pristine car and was bought with a '70 302, which is on it's way to power an old Ranger...GFL on that conversion.

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m

Rear mounts available for the swap are designed for short input

Sounds like you need the mount plate. On my 95 I have a plate that mounts to the tranny and then attaches to the tranny mount.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I wish! :) The butt of the tranny hits the tubular mount, which will have to be releived, clearanced checked and then re-enforced. Now looks like Friday before the conversion mount will be out...no biggie as the MSD parts just arrived and need mounting along with a new fuel pipe.

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m