What does everyone's car sound like?

Let's hear some sound clips or videos. I suppose if anyone gets really bored we could play 'Guess that engine'...

Here's a clip of my Galaxie...

Cory Dunkle

uhhh... do I have the technology to DO that?

I doubt it. If I do, I have never used it till this point.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Cory Dunkle opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I'm too lazy to do all that...

but I can imintate it:

"vroom , vroom!"

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Mine sounds like an ordinarey Stock 03 GT. Actually not a bad sound for stock. Sometimes I wish for a bit more volume, but I'm afraid I get droned to death going down the road. John

Reply to
JohnR

FOFL !!! BM, you're too much.

Lets see, mine goes vroom cackle cackle, vroom cackle cackle.

Kate

| > Here's a clip of my Galaxie... | >

| | I'm too lazy to do all that... | | | but I can imintate it: | | "vroom , vroom!"

Reply to
SVTKate

Now BlueStang has one fine sounding Mustang!

| > Here's a clip of my Galaxie... | >

| | I'm too lazy to do all that... | | | but I can imintate it: | | "vroom , vroom!"

Reply to
SVTKate

OH OH OH!!! I got it! Just had to go to the site where I got my mufflers :) DOH go here:

Click the Mustang! Sounds just like Shug!

Kate (got a two fer on !!!'s this afternoon, trying to use them up! )

Reply to
SVTKate

Sounds almost identical to my Thunderbird. If I decide to get an MP3 player, I can post some clips.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

You can use a handheld tape recorder and playback into the line in or mic input on your soundcar, or you can use a notebook computer or an MP3 player or PDA. There are some new digital recorders on the market with USB connections as well.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Now, why in THE hell can't ALL stupid people that add sounds to web sites make it work as smooth and seamless as that one???! That was perfect.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

My computer is on the 2nd floor in the room on the driveway side. So I pulled out a 20 ft 1/8" male to 1/8" female cable I had, plugged it into my mic in jack and dropped it out the window, then plugged the mic into that and set it up behind the car. That was after using the intercom feature of my cordless phone and placing the mic next to the base, which yeilded awful quality. So yeah, there are many ways to get the sound to your computer.

Recorded it with ACA Audio Recorder, then edited out the silence at the beginning and end (from walking up and down the stairs to get to the car) with AudioEdit Deluxe, and finally encoded it to a VBR MP3 with Alto MP3 Maker (I like the encoded better than that in the recording program I used). The recorded and Editor programs are shareware, just downloaded them for this purpose. I regularly use Alto MP3 Maker.

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

dang, sounds complicated. now I know how to do it though :)

I'm just too lazy!

Kate

| > I doubt it. If I do, I have never used it till this point. | >

| > Kate | >

| | You can use a handheld tape recorder and playback into the line | in or mic input on your soundcar, or you can use a notebook computer | or an MP3 player or PDA. There are some new digital recorders on the | market with USB connections as well. | | -- | YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are | a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

Reply to
SVTKate

Why... thank you... HEY youse guy... can you quote me like that????

Kate

| > Click the Mustang! | > Sounds just like Shug! | >

| > Kate | > (got a two fer on !!!'s this afternoon, trying to use them up! ) | >

| | Now, why in THE hell can't ALL stupid people that add sounds to | web sites make it work as smooth and seamless as that one???! That | was perfect. | | -- | YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are | a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

Reply to
SVTKate

This is your sig now, Kate?

Reply to
Trebuchet

Reply to
Trebuchet

Pay attention dude, it's Windsor Fox's new sig. :-) He's just quoting Kate, who is never at a loss for words!

///Mike TS #63

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Reply to
Trebuchet

Relax, I posted that before I saw your reply to yourself :-)

///Mike TS #63

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to