66 mustang

I have a 66 200 ci, 3 sp manual that idles fine and revs a little rough. When i put it in gear it dies out like its starving for gas. Can anyone help me out? Thank you.

Reply to
TopFlight2011

replace fuel filter, check for small inline fuel filter Read the plugs do tune up =>ignition cap/gap/cap/advance/sparkplugs gap replace air filter Check fuel pump + same time check for water in gas or bad gas, has it been sitting for 6 mo or more? if so then get all the bad gas out

if no fixed, then rebuild carb

Reply to
Mike Coel

Fuel Filter..

Reply to
Lazimodo

Almost definitely not getting enough fuel. I'd check to see if the carb is clogged. Check the fuel filter, etc. Check for good pressure from the fuel pump. Does it die out after its to full operating temp or only when cold? Has it been sitting for several months or longer?

Reply to
jonezzzman