88 GT starter removal

Anyone know who to remove the upper bolt on the starter on an 88 Mustang GT (auto, convertible if that matters)? Can't seem to get any wrench or combo of sockets and extensions on it so that I can swing the wrench or the ratchet. Tried using long extensions and coming out the front, but the engin mounts and cross memebers get in the way. Also tried a u-joint adapter for my ratchet. No luck. Thanks in advance for any advice, especially if based on experience.

Reply to
akheel

Don't know if this will help or not.....but try taking the RF wheel off and coming in through the side with a super long extension and a u-joint right at the socket. It's what I had to do with an '88 Cougar.

Reply to
Kruse