88 Mustang GT Fuel Filter location...

I want to replace the fuel filter on my 88 GT and was wondering where is the filter located???

Reply to
arittler

I think it's back by the lines coming out of the gas tank.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

should be underneath the body attached to frame, kind of under the rear passenger side seat and gas tank, near rear passenger side tire.

Reply to
chumley

thanks for the info guys!

Reply to
arittler

now that i know the location of the filter (right where you described)...how do i relive the pressure in the line?

Reply to
arittler

It will relieve it's self as soon as you pull the first line off. You need the removal tool set too.

Reply to
WindsorFox

new special clamps to replace old to get back in too

there is a button in the trunk, rear side on driver end, behind the paneling . OR you can pressin the little "tire filler" on the fuel rail, passengerside top engine compartment by #5 sparkplug or so. not much pressure/gas anyway.

Reply to
chumley

what tool is that?

Reply to
arittler

the original clamps can't be reused???

Reply to
arittler

big clamps that hold the thing yes. but there are small plastic clamps on the connectors which should be replaced, and should come with the new filter.

Reply to
chumley

Dude, WTF are you talking about??

Reply to
WindsorFox

When you buy a filter tell they you need the removal tool.

Reply to
WindsorFox

There are no clamps unless the 88 is different than the 89, which I kind of doubt.

Reply to
WindsorFox

fuel rail, test connector, it is after the fuel pressure regulator, On 87 to 93 5.0's it is all metal coming out of the fuel line (metal also) passenger side of car I have a KB fuel pressure meter screwed on to it all the time. Don't know the name of that type of connector, but it is just like the air on the tire, a Schrader valve??

Reply to
chumley

Which had nothing to do with *my* post and the blather about the inertia reset had nothing to do with anything.....

Reply to
WindsorFox