1999 ford mustange v6

i have a 1999 ford mustange v6.the problem i have is when you take off fast it starts to surge untill you let off the excelarator then it will go agin,if you punch it, it starts to surge again.? does anyone have a anser to my question.

Reply to
062167david

That's very strange - my car has the exact same problem.

Whenever I push the accelerator down to the floor, it really surges. Then, when I let up off of the accelerator, it slows down - until I push the accelerator back down, and then it surges again.

Weird.

dwight

dwight

are you using the accelerator peddle or the surge peddle?

Reply to
chumley

Wait. You're confusing me. I've only got two feet, and one is reserved for the brake pedal at all times. I like to rest my foot there, so my brake lights are on all the time. That lets all the other drivers behind me know that I might be stopping. Some time.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

why does it start to sputter like it aint geting fuel but it has a new fuel pump. can it be the throtle body?

Reply to
062167david

Have you checked the fuel filter?

Gumby619

Reply to
Gumby619

i have a new fuel filter also it seems like if you hold the pedal down it does just go to spitting and sputting until you let go of the pedal then it takes off.

Reply to
062167david

It's probably a bad sput sensor. Check the voltage drop across the sensor with the KOEO. Should see about 6 volts.

Reply to
brian

for get the sput sensosr for now, but clean the air throttle bypass with carb cleaner real good.

Reply to
chumley

You mean the Idle Air Control valve??

Reply to
WindsorFox

yea thatsssssit. Always forget the name of it,

Reply to
chumley

could be they didn't polarize the new fuel filter when they put it in......or if it's one of those oil bath air filters, they might not have put oil in it first.

would help to know how many miles on the car, what else has been done to it if its high miles, etc.

but I think this whole thing is a joke since you say it's a V6 and you have problems when you take off FAST.

CJ

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

to: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (its from click) the mustang has about 122000 miles on the motor. but it doesn;t just have trouble taking off fast,it also has the same problem when you try to get passing gear it starts to go bup bup bup, until you let off the excelarator,then it will go back to normal.it didnt have a oil air filter when i got the car. and the fuel filter was new. if you have any more ideas i would sure like to hear them....

Reply to
062167david

I am just wondering if there is a mechanic out there with a verry good answer to my car problemwith the 1999 ford mustang v6 3.8. I have put a new fuelpump,new mass air flow sensor cleaned out the idle air control valve,replaced the air cleaner. The problem is when you take off fast , or try to get passing gear it starts to act up by going bup bup bup, until you let off the gas throttle or (pedal).then it goes fine it will go fast as long as you dont push the pedal or try to pass any cars. any sugestions anyone?

Reply to
062167david

I speakthis. Did replacethe fuelfilter?

Reply to
GILL

You signed up on a web page to ask a question to a public newsgroup? I guess Supernews doesn't carry ramfm anymore, eh?

:()

Reply to
dwight