'89 Mustang LX Project (Son's first project)

My son and I just picked up his first project car. It needs lots of work everywhere so he should learn quite a bit. Are there any good places on "How-to's" or modding forums. We really don't know where to go for help.

Reply to
TC

there are several good books out on them, manuals about $20 each. google and you will get lots of sites. the 5.0 mag had lots of good buildups what works what does not A 5.0 can be very dangerous with driver below 21 as the backend is too lite, and will spin easily on slightly damp streets, must have good gripping tires (softer). see what you have first, check compression + read the plugs, Lots of parts around, check ebay too check previously posted on this list too

-87 5.0 and 93 8# 5.0

Reply to
harry

Thanks! It's got the 4 cyl and that's what's going to stay until he's

  1. He can decide then if he wants to go forward with that.
Reply to
TC

If it was my son I would go for new seat covers if needed, carpeting too if needed, good stereo system with good speakers, nice wheels, put the brakes, shocks, struts, ball joints or any suspension parts to make it safe to drive. Might get chrome air cleaner and valve covers, steam clean the engine and engine bay, clean the bottom of the car and paint as needed. go through the exhaust system and make sure it is safe, Air cleaner, PCV valve or whatever else it needs to run smoothly. go over the U joints to make sure the drive shaft is not going to fall out. Just make the car safe as possible and try to get him to know that wreckless driving kills lots of kids.

Reply to
Les Benn

Here's one.

CCTGENE

Tell him to look into the SVO versions of the Mustang. They were based on high performance turbocharged four cylinder engines. IMO, doing a turbocharged four cylinderbuildup in that car would make it pretty unique and cool.

Reply to
Michael Johnson