94 Mustang GT will not crank

I have a 94 Mustang GT that will not crank. It will not even click at the starter. I have replaced the battery because it was dead. My next step was to replace the battery cable, but I have learned the battery cable kit is kind of expensive. The car has sat for a couple of months and I thought that maybe the positive cable had some corrosion in it. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Reply to
buckeyes

Check the starter solenoid and starter. My guess is the problem is one or the other. Also, it could be a bad starter relay.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE