dodge dakota will not charge

My dad has a 1991 dodge dakota with a 5.2L that will not charge the battery. we have replaced the alternator and battery but while the truck is running the voltage will stay constant until you give it gas and then the battery totally drains. I've checked the cable from the battery to the starter and from the battery to the alternator, all ok with a meter. I also checked all grounds and even added another to see if i was crazy. Any Idea???

Reply to
fields5302

Isnt the voltage regulator on Dodges in the PCM? Double check this. You might check cables and connections to the PCM..

When you "give it the gas", most engines will move a little bit. If you have bad motor mounts, they can move a heck of a lot. Even a little bit of movement could wreak havoc with some wiring issues.

And then, I may be totally off base.

Reply to
hls